Thursday, September 11, 2008

Foil Dinners Recipe

I am just learning this blogging stuff, and for me the learning curve is twice as long as for anyone else. I apologize. You may see some interesting stuff for awhile. Hang in there.

As you can see by the 2 posts before this one, :) FOIL DINNERS are tonight 4 dinner.

As many potatoes carrots, onions, and chicken, as your family will eat.
1/4 cup of butter
Cream of chicken soup
Lemon Pepper
Salt and Pepper
1/4 soup can of milk

Prepare just like you would a foil dinner over the fire. I just make one big one and cook it in the oven on a cookie sheet. Cut butter into small pieces and spread over bottom of foil lined cookie sheet. Put chicken in, then potatoes, carrots, onions, and whatever else you like in them on top. Kielbasa Sausage is also good mixed in these. Mix milk and cream of chicken soup in seperate bowl, and then pour over veggies and chicken. You can make this as soupy or not soupy as you would like. Season with whatever seasonings you love. Cover with tin foil and bake for 1 hour at 425 degrees. Check vegetables to make sure they are cooked. May need additional baking time.

Tonight's Foil Dinner will be served with fresh watermelon as a side.

Enjoy!! Really easy dinner.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Needed more seasoning, i.e. salt, garlic, lemon pepper. My veggies and chicken were cooked just right with the 1 hour cook time. How about yours?

Becky A said...

definitely cooked just right. We all loved it. I added salt and pepper when I added the potatoes, it was great! And we had plenty...thanks for taking it to my mom's for me, too. :)

Care said...

I had to leave mine in a little longer but I used my electric oven which always needs a little extra time.

I was very yummy! Sorry about the giant cookie sheet. I thought you were going to wrap them individually and needed a pan to set them on. But everything cooked out really evenly that way. I liked the chicken vs. beef that we normally have. I only cooked half the potatoes you sent me cuz I couldn't fit anymore on the pan. I was the perfect quantity and everyone loved it.

Now your first time is over and it was a hit! It's downhill from here.

Care said...

Oops - I want to correct myself...

I was not yummy - the dinner "it" was.

Sue said...

Hey Steph -
We loved the dinner too. The sauce was yummy and kids really liked the chicken. We had a dish of left-overs...perfect for Jeff's lunch today. We still have watermelon too. Great for after school snack. Thanks again! :)